The whole process of moving can be a tedious one. It starts with finding a suitable house and actually ferrying your stuff there.
House hunting is not an easy task considering there are thousands of available houses to let. If you have a problem getting the right house Letting Agents Leicester will be of great help.
Your budget is a great determinant of the type of house you move into. Once you have done this, you can then start considering the houses that meet your criteria and start viewing.
When you go to view, do not tag along a lot of people. If possible, only bring close family or people who will be moving in with you.
Once you find a house that you like, you should reserve by putting in a deposit. During this period of reservation, the property is not available to potential buyers/tenants. In the process, you should be able to attain all the appropriate paperwork.
On signing the lease contract and completing the payments on rent, you will be given a copy of your own keys. Inspect the house to make sure that everything is in order so that you can inform the agent if there is a problem.
Below are some etiquette tips for before and after you move:
- Always tell the truth and give your correct details
- Observe time. If it’s too late into the night, it is advisable to wait until the next day before you can start moving.
- As you carry your stuff in, watch out not to scrape walls or break
- Do not leave the hallway littered with trash.
- Park well. If you share your driveway with other tenants, do not block their cars.
- Do not play very loud music that disturbs your neighbors.
- Take care of the house as if it were your own.
- Be nice to your neighbors. This really goes a long way.
It’s advisable that you maintain a good relationship with your landlord. If you have a guest or a potential roommate, it’s a good idea to run it by the landlord so that they can give a go ahead.
Are You a Good Tenant?
Here are some tips on how to be a good renter:
- The first one is quite obvious. Always pay rent on time. There is no harm I paying rent before the actual deadline. If you’re always forgetting, set a reminder so that you won’t be late to make payments.
- Follow all rules and instructions, either verbal or written, to the letter. They are there for a reason.
- Make sure not to bring cockroaches or any other kind of bugs as you move in. If you bring in pests you might be required to move.
- Always respect your neighbors and be polite. Do not be the reason that other tenants move out. If you have creepy habits and like to hang around in the dark, this is going to be a huge deal breaker.
- If you are a drug dealer, do your businesses away from your place of residence. This will help to keep troublemakers away. Also, if you have friends who are criminals, do not bring them home. Especially when there is alcohol involved. The likelihood of a fight breaking out is very high.
- Be quiet at night. When other people are trying to sleep, lower the volume on your speakers. Holding loud parties, especially on weekdays will have someone call the cops on you. Such behavior could lead to eviction.